Monday, August 13, 2012

Trust(ing) the Universe

I'm a big believer of when you put something out into the Universe, it will return bigger and better than you ever expected.  Everything that I've really ever wanted in my life has all happened, has all come true. I'm not talking about my little girl dream to be a gymnast, or my fleeting moment of wanting to own a bakery, I'm talking about my deepest passions, my truest desires and things I knew were attainable in my short 23 years of life.

I find that these moments of clarity, where I decide I truly want something, happen out of the blue in the utmost spontaneous moment. Today, while I was finishing Underbelly and catching up on blogs, it hit me like a ton of bricks. The time has come to move. Don't get too excited, I'm not talking about moving countries and continents (again!) just quite yet-- I'm simply talking about moving into a larger, more suited apartment in  hopefully the same suburb.

If you don't already know, Miguel & I live in a sweet baby baluga studio apartment in one of my most favorite suburbs of all time, Newtown.  This studio was my first foray into adulthood.  It's the first place I've ever, ever lived on my own, and it was love at first sight. After signing the lease and living solo for just one month, Miguel came to join me from the States, and it has been here that we have been living and growing our relationship for the last nearly 2 years. In that time, it has been everything we've needed it to be-- warm, comforting, full of light and full of love.  It has kept us safe as we navigated through Sydney and has always been our safe haven.

Nearly two years down the track, and I find that the once comforting closeness of our home, now feels a touch cramped.  I dream of larger closets, a living room with a sofa and a place where friends and family would feel comfortable to hang out.  As it stands, our visitors are very infrequent, and with the lack of seating space, I don't blame them.

So today, I've decided to put it out into the Universe. It's time for a new home. It's time to move on to greener pastures, and see what else Sydney has to offer us. It's time to let the great home hunt of 2012 begin! Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment